Monday, May 25, 2009

In a Houseboat

Yesterday I had a trilling day with my family. We had gone to Kumarakam for boating in a house boat. Kumarakam is an important tourist center in Kerala (India) exceptionally for backwater cruising in houseboats. I have never gone in a houseboat so I was very trilled to get in to one and to know how it looks inside.
Wow !! it looked like a luxury house inside with bedrooms ,kitchen and well for an open air dining and sitting space. I had never expected for such luxurious things in a boat.
Great it was!!!

At last the boat slowly began to move away from the shore. There were also many houseboats like ours starting the journey. The sceneries we saw in the backwaters were brilliant. They were became even more beautiful with coconut trees as a lining of horizon. There were high tides which kept the boat shaking but it was not felt by any of us.
After the two hours they stopped the boat in the middle of the backwaters for us to have lunch .I ate my lunch very fast that I could go fishing, which I have never done. But to say fishing needs a lot of patience for the fishes were very cunning. My sister also accompanied me with her fishing rod. She was not at all patient thereby lifting the fishing rod in every seconds.
Pew ! and so at last I got a fish .I had a loud scream of joy….he he he .indeed it was a great thing ….
Once again the journey started between the huge stretch of backwaters which was very peaceful and soothing . We did not even see each other in the boat because all were enjoying the charm of nature.
Soon it became dark so that we could not see any thing out . We thought of sleeping and waking the morning early too……so we went to our bedrooms in the houseboat for sleeping. Really charming the night was for the next morning again in the backwaters……………pleasing…..!
I must never forget it ever ……………..!

10 comments:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

What a wonderful experience, Susan... We have some friends who have a HUGE live-on boat... When we first saw that boat, I thought it was bigger than our home!!!! ha

Your boat sounds wonderful. Glad you caught a fish.. Oh--how much fun is that!!!!!

Thanks for sharing.
Hugs,
Betsy

Patty said...

Sounds like you had a marvelous trip. Were you able to prepare the fish you caught and have it for lunch later? The house boat looks lovely.

Unknown said...

Sounds and looks like fun!

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a lot of fun!

Bonnie said...

Sound like a wonderful time! I love the boat. Thank you for sharing the pictures.

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Susan: That was an excellant trip through the forest. I'm glad you caught some fish.

Denise said...

Thank you for coming by my blog.... It is nice to meet you..... I will come back often and learn of you...

Have a wonderful day........

Syd said...

Sounds like a great time. Being on the water and being able to sleep on the boat. I do that every weekend and can so relate to how soothing it is.

Sue Catmint said...

Hi Susan, what a wonderful experience - a couple of years ago I went on a boat for 3 nights on Holong Bay in Vietnam. Your trip reminds me of it, it was peaceful and beautiful and wonderful. cheers, catmint

Carol said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I decided to check out "MyVision". I am so glad I did. I love that houseboat. We have a smaller boat, but we can cook a meal and sleep on it. It is nothing so grand as the one you were on. I will be checking back to see what other adventures you have had.

www.wildlifearoundus.blogspot.com