Thursday, January 1, 2009

A New Year Bonanza

Today my school reopened and it was a good day. I got my exam papers. I was a surprised that I scored full marks for two of those papers.

After school I came back home. My mom was waiting there. She told me that a banana bunch was ready to cut down. It stood right in our compound near the kitchen. She also asked me to help her in cutting the banana bunch. What more to do.
The banana bunch was very huge and thereby heavy too .So me and my mother alone could not help bringing it down. We took the help of my grandfather also.

After a few minutes of hard work we some how bought the huge bunch down. Then we separated the bunch into small bunches and distributed it among our neighbors. I too had two of those lovely bananas. It was a variety of robust so it stood green even though it was ripe. Any way I must admit that those bananas were very special and different from those which I ever had .

10 comments:

Betsy Brock said...

Now this is something that I've never experienced! How wonderful to have bananas growing right outside your kitchen! I'm afraid nothing is growing outside my kitchen at the moment except the windchill, which is in the single digits!

Leslie said...

I have had grapefruit and lemons in my yard in Arizona, bananas would have been welcome, too !
It is cold here in Arkansas it was 24 degrees when I got up this morning and the wind is blowing.
I hope you all have a "Happy New Year."

Anonymous said...

We can't grow anything like that here in NC. It's too cold. We grow other things like peaches, apples, grapes, etc.... I think it would be so neat to walk outside and have bananas right there!

Pranav Kumar V said...

A bonanza indeed!! And full marks in two papers?? Whoa!! I never ripped my exams so good!! or bad!! :P Good good!! :)

WISH YOU A BRIGHT AND HAPPY NEW YEAR. :D MAY THE LIGHT SHINE ITS BRIGHTEST ON YOU!! :D:D

See you when I see you... :)

Blu said...

Well done for the excellent marks. I was always a bit average at school. I love bananas, they are my favorite fruit, lucky that you have some right there on your doorstep.

Sarah said...

Hi!
Thanks for visiting my blog. I have really enjoyed looking at all of yours-I am amazed and mystified!
I would love to try a fresh from the tree banana. I loved the story about your sister and you and the goat too. I shall be back to visit again.
Happy New Year

Shari said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. :)

You sound like you have your hands full with multple blogs to manage and working hard in school, too.

Love bananas, though banana trees would not survive in my climate.

Joy said...

Thank you for the comment on my blog. I love your blogs and am amazed by the beauty of the photographs and words!

buffalodick said...

Which blog do I respond to? You have so many...

Hadriana's Treasures said...

Happy New Year! Hxx